President’s Awards Nominations
Thank you for your interest in the President’s Awards program.
Campus and institute leaders are invited to select and nominate one faculty or staff member per award category each year to be considered by the selection committee.
|UT Chattanooga Chancellor||1 Faculty or Staff Nominee Per Award Category||7 Total Nominees|
|UT Foundation, Inc. President||1 Staff Nominee Per Award Category||7 Total Nominees|
|UT Health Science Center Chancellor||1 Faculty or Staff Nominee Per Award Category||7 Total Nominees|
|UT Institute for Public Service Vice President||1 Staff Nominee Per Award Category||7 Total Nominees|
|UT Knoxville Chancellor||3 Faculty or Staff Nominees Per Award Category for UT Knoxville, UT Institute of Agriculture and UT Space Institute||21 Total Nominees|
|UT Martin Chancellor||1 Faculty or Staff Nominee Per Award Category||7 Total Nominees|
|UT Southern Chancellor||1 Faculty or Staff Nominee Per Award Category||7 Total Nominees|
|Chief Human Resources Officer||1 Staff Nominee Per Award Category||7 Total Nominees|
To be eligible for consideration, faculty and staff nominees must meet all of the following criteria:
- Regular, full-time faculty or staff member
- Employed for at least five full calendar years prior to date of nomination
- Free from any disciplinary actions for the past five years
- Overall performance regularly and consistently exceeds expectations
In addition, the following general restrictions on eligibility apply:
- Self-nominations are not permitted
- Previous President’s Award winners are not eligible for nomination for five years
- UT System Administration vice presidents and campus/institute chancellors and vice chancellors are not eligible for nomination
General award criteria for each category include:
- Efforts resulted in a significant boost in quality, productivity and/or cost savings
- Nomination letters should specify:
- Opportunity/Problem/Challenge (Describe environment that prompted nominee’s action)
- Action taken (Process, collaborations, implementation)
- Results (Can be measurable, change in work process, impact)
Specific criteria for each category include:
- Bold and Impactful – Award honors an individual that serves the state by tacking grand challenges. Behaviors include thinking big, making a difference and serving with purpose.
- Embrace Diversity – Award honors an individual that respects our individual and organizational uniqueness that make us stronger. Behaviors include listening with empathy, expecting civility and collegiality, and modeling inclusive behaviors.
- Optimistic and Visionary – Award honors an individual that empowers courageous leadership. Behaviors include finding the positive, inspiring others and leading by example.
- Nimble and Innovative – Award honors an individual that inspires creative and transformational action. Behaviors include trying new things and keeping what works, embracing change and removing barriers.
- Excel in All We Do – Award honors an individual that commits to continuous improvement and outstanding performance. Behaviors include setting high standards, pursuing learning and growth, and recognizing and celebrating quality.
- United and Connected – Award honors an individual that collaborates internally and externally for greater collective impact. Behaviors include being a team player, seeing yourself as part of the larger purpose, and sharing experience and knowledge.
- Transparent and Trusted – Award honors an individual that fosters integrity through openness, accountability, and stewardship. Behaviors include believing in the good intentions of others, being honest, and proactively communicating.
- Nomination letter
- Letter should reflect the rationale for making the nomination and speak to the nominee’s merit based on the category’s specified criteria.
- Three letters of support
- Letters may be written by colleagues, supervisors or other campus/institute/unit representatives who can speak to the nominee’s merit based on the category’s specified criteria.
- Current resume
- Performance review for most-recently completed review period
- 2022 Nomination Checklist and Form (PDF)
Nomination packets must be completed and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5 p.m. EST April 15, 2022.
Incomplete nomination packets will be returned.
Nominations are reviewed and scored by a representative committee comprised of individuals in the following positions:
- Chief Human Resources Officer
- Chair of UT Compensation Advisory Board
- Executive Director, Inclusion, Diversity and Engagement
- UT Board of Trustees Representative
- Vice Chancellor Representative (Rotating 1-Year Term)
- Faculty Council Representative (1-Year Term)
- Employee Relations Advisory Board Representative (1-Year Term)
- Communications Representative
Current Selection Committee Members
Brian Dickens (Chair)
Chief Human Resources Officer
Executive Director of Inclusion, Diversity and Engagement
UT Board of Trustees Representative
Vice Chancellor Representative
One honoree per award category (two honorees in support category) is chosen each year by the selection committee. Honorees are notified by the president and invited to attend the awards ceremony.
Thank you again for your interest in this important program. Should you have any questions, please contact Sherry Sims at email@example.com or 865-974-8170.