As a participant, you will have structured and individualized opportunities to:
- Employ tools and experiences for personal and professional growth with a special focus on what it takes to be a successful enterprise leader. You will be introduced to the research-based concepts of enterprise leadership developed specifically for this program. You will discover your current leadership competencies and strengths through personalized assessments aided by internationally certified coaches and instructors who will provide customized, confidential pathways for growth.
- Advance your leadership confidence and sharpen your sense of purpose in pursuit of opportunity in challenging times. You will engage with our faculty role models, mentors of your choosing, and workshops designed to stimulate leadership that makes meaningful differences in the lives of others.
- Increase your awareness of the systemic challenges facing Tennessee higher education and investigate alternative models and prescriptions for addressing them. You will receive an extensive curated library of pragmatic materials selected to support a range of leadership challenges you might need to address in your career. You will have a platform for proposing an innovative idea in a published presentation that enhances your reputation and contribution to all higher education.
- Cultivate collaboration throughout the University of Tennessee by engagement with an exceptional cohort of like-minded talent. You will be invited into small group conversations with key leaders from across Tennessee and the national higher education community. More than introductions to talent, the program offers proven strategies and techniques to build a more collaborative culture within the University of Tennessee.
- Chart the future of the University of Tennessee through your leadership. The program is designed to strengthen skills for leading self and others more effectively. You will learn new methods to increase your contribution as well as drive the performance of those you lead (or will lead in the future).
- Prepare you for advancement according to your goals. The program includes proven advice from executive search firms, strategies for cultivating mentors and sponsors, and workshops in resume development, interpersonal engagement, and communication effectiveness to prepare you for promotion, the next opportunity, or boost skills for your current position.
As a sponsor of a participant, your organization will have:
- Have talented and competent leaders who understand the importance of accountability, agility, collaboration, and delivering results.
- Benefit from leaders who have an enlarged sense of Tennessee higher education, understanding of the interrelationship of units, and the ability to marshal collaborative resources throughout the System.
- Acquire a pool of qualified candidates available for interim and special appointments within your institution.
- Contribute to developing innovative programs and solutions for the citizens of Tennessee and increase capacity to further your organizational mission.
- To be part of developing innovative responses to the educational challenges and opportunities facing the citizens of Tennessee. In short, providing you increased capacity to further your mission.