Budget Advisory Group
The Budget Advisory Group (BAG) was established in 2014. UT President Joe DiPietro appointed a system-wide group of faculty, staff, administrators, students and external leaders to serve as members and develop a two-year plan for self-imposed fiscal restraints to increase revenue, cut costs, establish budget parameters and internal controls and outline goals that would allow campuses to better address needs around short- and long-term priorities for reallocation of new revenue and cost savings.
The group’s first set of system-wide budget boundaries was presented to the UT Board of Trustees in February 2015 and implemented for the two fiscal years beginning on July 1, 2015.
BAG reconvened in January 2017 to assess progress and seek additional recommendations to continue efforts toward long-term, sustainable funding. The group has established both underlying principles and new goals for 2017-2019.
- Steve Angle, Chancellor, UT Chattanooga
- Keith Barber, Vice Chancellor for Institutional Advancement, UT Institute of Agriculture
- Bob Bradley, Instructor of Computer Science and Information Systems, UT Martin
- Tony Ferrara, Vice Chancellor for Finance & Operations, UTHSC
- Rachel Smith, Student, UT Chattanooga
- Steve Smith, Dean of Libraries, UT Knoxville
System Staff Liaisons to the BAG
- Tiffany Carpenter, Associate Vice President for Communications and Marketing
- David Golden, Executive Assistant to the President (Secretary for the Budget Advisory Group)
- Anthony Haynes, Vice President for Government Relations & Advocacy
- Dennis Hengstler, Assistant Vice President of Institutional Research
- Tonjanita Johnson, Executive Vice President & COO (Primary Staff Liaison for the Budget Advisory Group)
- Linda Martin, Vice President for Academic Affairs and Student Success
- David Miller, Chief Financial Officer
- Stacey Patterson, Associate Vice President for Research
- Matthew Scoggins, General Counsel